About Rowena Santos
Rowena is a proud Bramptonian inspired by community and driven by a passion to change the culture of politics and building a more prosperous, livable and sustainable future. She was elected in 2018, and is the first Filipino elected to Council in Brampton. Santos is recognized as the 2023 Woman of Influence honouree by Municipal World, and a Municipal Trailblazer by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.
Rowena holds an HBBA degree from the Schulich School of Business, and a Masters in Sustainable Development & Environmental Planning from the London School of Economics.
Prior to being elected she worked at the Ontario legislature for over a decade and has mentored countless youth to be politically active across the GTA. Before politics Rowena worked at Magna, RBC and General Mills. She was also the Program Manager of Corporate Citizenship with Imagine Canada, and Executive Director of Emagine, working with venture capitalists and entrepreneurs at the Centre for Social Innovation.
Rowena was raised in Brampton and is raising her son in Wards 1&5, along with their dog Stanley who was adopted from the Animal Services Shelter in Brampton. She is a supporter of the arts and enjoys playing with her local band “Point of Order”. Rowena is an avid outdoor person who regularly runs and bikes the Etobicoke Creek Trail.
City of Brampton Roles
- Chair: Community Services and Fire and Emergency Services
- Chair: Legislative Services
- Vice Chair: Economic Development
- Vice Chair: Brampton CAO Performance Review Committee
- Member: Brampton Community Safety Advisory Committee
- Member: Active Transportation Advisory Committee
- Member: Medical Technology (MedTech) Advisory Committee
- Member: Brampton Senior Citizens Council
- Member: Brampton Governance and Council Operations Committee
- Member: Brampton Arts Walks of Fame Nomination Working Group
- Member: Business Ambassadors Advisory Committee
- Member: Citizen Awards Committee
Region of Peel Roles
- Chair: Diversity, Equity, and Anti-Racism Committee (DEAR)
- Member: Government Relations Committee
- Director: Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) Board, representing over 2,000 municipalities across the country
- Chair: FCM Municipal Finance, Infrastructure, and Transportation Committee
- Member: FCM Anti-Racism, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Director and Executive Board: Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA)